Friday, February 1, 2008

Is the US Embassy in Iraq being built with slave labor? Ummm.... yeah.


Like everything else related to the Iraq invasion, the new 104 acre American Embassy in Baghdad is behind schedule and over budget. This mega structure, wrapped in secrecy, is being built by First Kuwaiti General Trading and Contracting Co. Apparently they were given the contract without having to bid. But don't worry, because they are doing everything possible to cut costs, including using slave labor from the Philippines.

Over the summer Rory Mayberry, a former employee of First Kuwaiti testified to Congress that:
"when the airplane took off and the captain announced that we were heading to Baghdad, all you-know-what broke out on the airplane. The men started shouting, it wasn’t until the security guy working for First Kuwaiti waved an MP5 in the air that the men settled down. They realized that they had no other choice but to go to Baghdad. Let me spell it out clearly: I believe these men were kidnapped by First Kuwaiti to work at the US Embassy… I’ve read the State Department Inspector General’s report on the construction of the embassy. Mr. Chairman, it’s not worth the paper it’s printed on. This is a cover-up and I’m glad that I’ve had the opportunity to set the record straight."


Here's the testimony:




First Kuwaiti's website can be viewed HERE: They need a better website, but I'm afraid they may kidnap me and force me to build it.







No comments: