Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Scooter Libby WALKS

THE LEAST YOU NEED TO KNOW: As predictable as Cheney's next heart attack.


WASHINGTON (AP) — Just when things looked darkest for I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, when prison seemed all but certain, President Bush wiped away the former White House aide's 2 1/2-year sentence in the CIA leak case.

"I respect the jury's verdict," Bush said in a written statement. "But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive. Therefore, I am commuting the portion of Mr. Libby's sentence that required him to spend 30 months in prison."

Yeah. I think the point here is if you respected the virdict you would have let it stand. Did Libby deserve to go to jail? Not as much as the people he took the fall for. Which is no doubt the deal he made. At this point, he still MAY lose the ability to practice law (ironic) and pay a $250,000 fine. With supporters raising millions for his legal "defense", it's doubtful he'll pay a dime.

Oh yeah, and this if he isn't officially pardoned.

Next step: His tell all book deal, highy paid lectures, and a sweet lobbist gig and the firm of Douche, Bag and Anus.

At this point I am so disgusted with the Bush Administration there is nothing they could do I don't suspect as being an insult to the country. I'm so done looking for a silver lining. Impeach this bastard.







No comments: