Tuesday, May 1, 2007

WAG OF THE FINGER: Some secrets should not be kept, DICK.


On the anniversary of that awesome "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner that served as President Bush's backdrop while claiming victory in Iraq, we have this from Democratic Senator/Majority Wip Dick Durbin speaking about the run up to the war in Iraq:

"The information we had in the intelligence committee was not the same information being given to the American people. I couldn't believe it,"

"frankly, I couldn't do much about it because, in the intelligence committee, we are sworn to secrecy."

What about the promise to "protect the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic?"

Senator Durbin, I do actually believe there was something you could have done about it, and that was TELL THE AMERICAN PEOPLE. The truth about this 40 billion dollar clusterfuck may have come in handy before our soldiers went flying in there and got themselves killed. I think we should know exactly what else you were holding back. I'm also interested who else was on that intelligence committee.

I'm not the most knowledgeable person on your record, perhaps you have done many things I should be grateful for. This is not one of them. Hope you sleep well tonight.







No comments: