Monday, January 19, 2009

Protesters lob shoes toward White House on Bush's last day



Awesome...
President Bush was given an Iraqi-journalist-style sendoff on his last full day in office Monday, as tourists and demonstrators lobbed shoes, pumps, boots, sandals and Crocs from Pennsylvania Avenue onto the White House lawn.

Before launching the operation live, the shoe-chuckers took target practice in Dupont Circle on a 20-foot-tall blow up doll of the outgoing president, decked out in the flight suit he wore aboard the "Mission Accomplished" aircraft carrier.]

The target practice on the giant Bush doll began around 11:00 in the morning and was still going five hours later, as thousands of people walking through the circle stopped to pick up a shoe and wing it at the outgoing president. Some threw fastballs like al-Zaidi. Others tied several together in an attempt to land them on Bush's long Pinocchio-esque nose. Children took part. ("Okay. One more shoe, kids," said one parent.) Some folks simply walked up to the doll and kicked it in the shins. It fell over at one point and people rushed it, beating it with shoes.

Marching down Connecticut Avenue with handfuls of footwear, the group of about a hundred was on the receiving end of enthusiastic honks, thumbs-up and waves from people in the street.

"It's not that I hate [Bush]," one protestor clarified. "I don't hate him personally. I hate what he has done to this country."

Once all the shoes had been tossed onto the White House lawn, the officers collected them and piled them into the back of a small truck. "The next person who throws them gets arrested," said one, though the entire pile had already been thrown.

As the protesters headed back toward Dupont Circle, a Secret Service agent left them with a parting observation.

"You all won," he said.

FULL STORY: HUFF







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening ppl. I'm really into shoes and I was searching as far as something that singular model. The prices for the boots are approximately 340 bucks everwhere. But finally I bring about this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order them. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for that particular model. The prices as regards the sneakers were approximately 200 dollars on every site. But for all I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching as far as something that singular brand. The prices as regards the shoes are around 230 dollars everwhere. But definitively I set this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hi fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that particular model. The prices for the sneakers were around 340 dollars on every page. But for all I set this location selling them for half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase those. what is your opinion?