Thursday, October 16, 2008

I don't give a fuck about Joe the Plumber


I hope this narrative is over with. I'm certain all the networks are running for that guys home and combing his history, and before long he'll have a plumbing bit on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

That said, I don't give a fuck about Joe the Plumber. I have a business that grossed just a hair under 250K last year, and after deductions, much less. If I was making more that 250K, I'll GLADLY pay a few extra percent, because I'd be firmly out of the small business class by most standards. And if that's what it takes to get us out of this mess, so be it.

And, by the way, I'm sure that any small business will be tickled pink to maintain their same profits from last year. Not federal bailout rich, not 400K spa retreat rich, but not too shabby.

PS - I also look a bit like Joe the Plumber. So there is that.









No comments: