Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nigger Muslim bums me out.

I was catching up with a family member who lives in Arizona today. We got talking to politics, and if he was following the election. I was surprised to hear an enthusiastic "YES!", and proceeded to tell me that he was watching the debates, reading, etc. He even voted early. I was impressed, cause he never seemed to give a shit before, and have always felt that when people take the time to educate themselves, we'd be a better country for it.

Now I know AZ is McCain's state, so it wouldn't have been odd to hear that he was voting Republican, but when I asked him who he was voting for, he told me: "I aint voting for some Nigger Muslim."

He also told me that Obama was a terrorist, and pals with terrorists, and even invited 'that terrorist leader that wants to destroy Israel' (I assume he meant Ahmadinejad from Iran) to take a personal tour of New York.

I tried to explain that he isn't a Muslim OR a terrorist, and that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad actually belongs to the UN, and comes to NY for the UN meetings. Also, Obama didn't give him a tour.

He didn't believe me, or at least not enough to concede that maybe his information wasn't 100% right.

So here is a fairly decent person, not super smart or educated, about 50, and father of 3. He thinks he's read up and educated on the facts, and voted accordingly.

He's ignorant, racist, and spoon fed by the media and hate mongers, and in my family.

I'm so ashamed by this I want to throw up.







No comments: